The biological urge to have a baby is a powerful and perfectly natural one. So, when you’re struggling to conceive, getting help from fertility experts can be a logical next step.
Before you embark on your fertility journey it is important to understand that some traditional treatments can place stress on the body through excess use of stimulant medications and hormones, which in turn places stress on mom and her baby.
But there is an alternative – Natural Cycle IVF.
What is traditional IVF?
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a type of assisted reproductive technology in which eggs are retrieved and fertilised with sperm in a lab before being transferred to the uterus. In short, IVF is a helping hand for couples and single mothers-to-be.
Side effects associated with traditional IVFs ovulation?
As with all treatments, however, there are side effects and risks associated with IVF, ranging from mild to life-threatening. While the responses vary from woman to woman, some of the lesser side effects include:
• Mood swings
• Vaginal dryness
• Weight gain
• Hot flashes
• Menstrual bleeding or spotting
• Difficulty sleeping
Severe side effects associated with traditional IVFu know when you are ovulating?
While rare, some women do experience side effects that need urgent medical attention. These include:
• Ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome (OHSS)
• Ovarian torsion (twisted ovary, associated with OHSS)
• Allergic reactions to medication
• Conceiving multiples, which can increase the likelihood of needing a C-section, gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, pre-eclampsia and premature birth.
What is Natural Cycle IVF?
Natural Cycle in vitro fertilisation (IVF) is an advanced alternative. It can be done in subsequent cycles without your body needing rest in between so you can make the most of the time you have. At time of ovulation, we +aspirate one natural egg in a simple procedure that doesn’t require anaesthesia. This egg is then fertilised in the lab, and after a few days, the embryo culture is placed into your uterus in the same cycle.
What are the advantages of Natural Cycle IVF?
Many fertility clinics offer high stimulation IVF right from the start, but excess use of hormones can put your health – and that of your baby’s – at unnecessary risk. Natural Cycle IVF is a gentler alternative that takes a more natural and sustainable approach to infertility problems.
• Little to no stimulation medication. By reducing the frequency and use of artificial stimulation medication, you don’t have to struggle with the associated side effects that the excess use of these drugs can have on your body.
• Few to no injections. You can build your family without daily injections, ongoing blood work and artificial hormones.
• Less risk of OHSS. Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome (OHSS), can be a dangerous side effect of medically induced artificial stimulation. By reducing the need for stimulants, the risk of OHSS reduces too.
• No chance of multiple pregnancies. Natural Cycle IVF stimulates a maximum of 3 eggs in any given cycle, and fertility experts have full control of how many embryos are implanted.
• Higher quality eggs, healthier womb. Studies show that high levels of stimulation typically used in traditional IVF cycles can negatively affect embryo implantation. By avoiding hormonal medication, your uterus is more receptive – and its lining is healthier – increasing your chances of successful implantation. What’s more, in natural cycle IVF treatments, your body (the best specialist of all) naturally selects the best +oocyte in each cycle.
Deciding to reach out to the experts to help you make your dream of motherhood a reality isn’t an easy one. But when you find the right clinic that puts your needs and health first, you’re already one step closer to building your new family. Good luck!